Strategy wins wars. Tactics and operations win battles. A battle is nothing more than solving a problem. Overcoming an obstacle. When in doubt improvise, adapt and overcome.
If you have a problem someone has probably written a book about it.
Some good advice off hand:
- the best laid plans fall apart after first contact with the enemy
- you learn more from a defeat than from a win
- judge people by their actions
- the lessons of the wolverine: it never backs down, never hesitates and never quits
- change is the rule and not the exception
- if my friend attacks my brother I must attack my friend
- only when we are all brothers will there be peace
- in the absence of reason there is violence and anger
- thinking gets you killed while reacting keeps you alive